...world map lampshade...

4.21.2011






...some map graphics, a little Mod Podge and black grosgrain and my plain white lampshade got a whole new look...



Here's how it went...
I downloaded these super-cool pdfs from The Graphics Fairy... they're from a 1915 Atlas...so awesome. I opened them up in PS Elements, removed the color and lightened them up and then printed them out on plain-old computer paper.


Mod-Podge'd 'em up...waited for 'em to dry & hot-glued the grosgrain to the top and bottom edges...easy-peasy lemon-squeezy.

Now, I wouldn't try to circumnavigate the globe using my lampshade...I did have to make some cuts in some strange places in order to get the maps to fit...and there is a possibility that now North America and Asia are sharing the same continent on my lamp...but it works for me...




Linking to:

 Stuff and NonsenseHookingupwithHoHPhotobucket

Today's Creative Blog






  


  UndertheTableandDreaming The DIY Show Off
Anything Related 

The Girl Creative    
 Transformation ThursdayA Marvelous Mess

Show & Tell Wednesday

Tidy Mom

The Graphics Fairy

On My Instagram