Upcycled Sweater Pillow Cover

9.22.2011

I'm sure you saw these sweater-covered pillows everywhere last year...usually priced at upwards of $50...

Well, I made my own...before I was blogging...so, no photos...BUT, it's not hard at all...and hopefully my explanation alone will be enough...


I took one of our old sofa pillows...it was oversized (about 24"x24") and covered in this BRIGHT red, blue & gold geometric-patterned fabric...um, yuck.

Then I picked up a fisherman's sweater (size Men's XL) at Goodwill for $6.00...

I shoved the pillow into the sweater and positioned it so that the button at the neckline and the overall pattern of the knitting was a little off-center...


Then I just cut off the sweater's arms and the excess knit around the bottom and the collar, tucked in the raw edges and whipstitched the seams closed. I love the way it looks...the texture and warm, cozy feeling it adds to my fall & winter decor is perfect...and I didn't have to pay mucho dinero for it...that's the best part.


Click here to see all of the fantastic parties I'm linking up to...


On My Instagram